Precautionary Measures to Reduce Risk of Infection and Transmission of Virus
Standard Protocol At All Quest Locations:
- Wash hands properly and frequently and use hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes if soap and water are not readily available.
- Wall mounted hand sanitizers available at all locations.
- Avoid touching the face; eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice respiratory etiquette: cover a cough or sneeze into elbow or a tissue, then discarding the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid handshaking and close contact with others.
- Maintain 2 meter/6 foot spacing between individuals.
- Mandatory temperature check of all staff at the beginning of each shift.
- Disinfect personal workplace including desk, telephone, keyboard tray. Use sanitizing wipes or disinfectant 3 X day (mid-morning, mid-afternoon and closing) and wipe down high touch surfaces including doorknobs, light switches, entrances.
- No unscheduled visits allowed at all Quest locations.
- Laminated infection control posters in all locations to support best practices for infection control.
Grocery Market Locations:
- Floors marked with tape at 2 metre (6 foot) spacing to segregate cashier and market line-ups.
- Directional arrows within markets.
- Maximum 5- 10 people in market at any given time, varying by market size.
- Use sanitizing wipes or disinfectant 3 times per day (mid-morning, mid-afternoon and closing) and wipe down high touch surfaces including market entrance door handles, washroom doorknobs, handles on coolers and freezers, handles on shopping carts and shopping baskets, cashier touch screen, pin pad and cashier area.
- Sanitize belt at cashier till with disinfectant after each client.
- Clients can use their personal cloth shopping bags but must pack their own groceries.
- Provide plastic gloves or produce bags at produce table to eliminate clients directly touching produce.
- Close all markets 1 hour earlier at the end of each day to enable staff to deep clean the market using concentrated disinfectant.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Plexiglass shields installed at all tills to provide separation between cashier and clients.
- Each employee has been provided with a face shield and 2 cloth masks.
- Use of masks is not mandatory, however, BC Public Health Office and BC Centre for Disease Control recommends use of masks for individuals that are working in enclosed environments, especially when interacting with many people.
- Masks are assigned to individuals and are not to be used for multiple users.
- Masks to be laundered each day by the employee; hence the distribution of 2 masks/employee to support the daily cleaning requirement.
- Cashiers wear plastic gloves while at till; gloves must be removed and discarded before leaving the till area. Hands must be washed after wearing gloves.
**Wearing mask does not eliminate the need for physical distancing, hand washing and frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces.
**Hands must be washed PRIOR to putting on the mask and AFTER removing the mask. It is important that the exposed side of the mask does not come in contact with eyes, nose or mouth while putting on or removing the mask.
- Only Quest drivers are permitted in all of Quest trucks.
- Quest truck drivers are provided with protective gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, protective face shields, masks, tissues and 2 pairs of washable gloves.
- Quest Drivers abide by physical distancing protocol at all times
- Drivers wear a protective mask and gloves during deliveries and pick-ups if physical distancing cannot be adhered to.
- Use sanitizing wipes or disinfectant 3x per day (mid-morning, mid-afternoon and closing) and wipe down high touch surfaces in the Distribution Centre and in trucks including truck interior and door handles etc.
- All delivery persons must abide by physical distancing protocol.
Travel: Please check in with 811 re travel precautions and advise employer of your travel plans –Illness: DO NOT attend any Quest location if you are ill with cold or flu symptoms including coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat and fatigue.
*Please call your health care provider or 811 immediately to report your symptoms and they will advise you regarding next steps including length of required isolation or testing.
Employees and volunteers are to inform Quest Management if they, immediate family member or other individuals residing in the same household, have been confirmed by the Health Authorities to have contracted Covid-19.
In case of an emergency please contact:
- First Aid Attendant on site
- Assistant Team Leader/Manager on site
- Market Resource Manager or DC Manager
If critical intervention is required call 911 and advise the General Manager, Human Resources Manager or Executive Director.